Classical era civilization and world – The political and religious
Subject: General Questions / General General Questions
classical era civilization and world
1. Write a paragraph describing the political and religious elements of the Maya civilization. Then, write a second paragraph describing the significant scientific and cultural innovations made by the Maya. Be sure to clearly develop and organize your ideas, use supporting evidence from the unit, and use correct grammar, spelling, and sentence construction.
2. What were the Twelve Tables and what impact did they have on later legal systems? Be sure to clearly develop and organize your ideas, use supporting evidence from the unit, use correct grammar, spelling, and sentence construction.
3. How did the governments of classical Greece and Persia differ? Which factors can account for these use differences? Be sure to clearly develop and organize your ideas, use supporting evidence from the unit, correct grammar, spelling, and sentence construction. (4 points) 4. Compare the basic role of women in China and Indian Hindu society during the classical era. Be sure to clearly develop and organize your ideas, use supporting evidence from the unit, use correct grammar, s and sentence construction.
5. How are the historical origins and core beliefs of Judaism and Christianity both similar and different? Be sure to provide at least one example of similarities and differences for both the religions’ origins and beliefs.
Part II: Application and Critical Thinking
6. You are a wealthy young person living in Southeast Asia during the classical era. You have heard that people around the world have been following religions and philosophies that have not yet reached your own country. You have decided to learn more about these ideas by traveling across the world. However, you will only have time to really study two religions or philosophies. You have narrowed your list down to the following options:
1. East Asia: Hinduism, Buddhism, or Confucian philosophy.
2. Europe and Middle East: Judaism, Christianity, or Greek philosophy
Select one of the listed religions or philosophies for each region. Now imagine that you have traveled to the each of these regions and learned all you could about the religion or philosophies you selected. Write two letters to friends or family back home telling them about what you’ve learned. Each letter should focus on a different religion or philosophy and include:
-A brief description of the classical civilizations you visited to learn about your chosen religion or philosophy.
-A review of the important beliefs associated with your chosen religions or philosophies.
-An explanation of how the philosophy or religion has contributed to society in the classical civilizations you visited. This could include each one’s influence on politics, law, social hierarchies, or any other important aspect of culture.
7. A historian has written an article criticizing the use of the label “classical era” to refer to the period between 600 BCE and 600 CE. He argues that civilizations across the world during this period are far too different to be classified as part of the same group.
write a response to the historian that includes the following information:
-Do you agree or disagree with his claim? Should the civilizations you studied in this unit be grouped together as “classical”?
-What historical evidence supports your argument? Be sure to include examples from at least THREE civilizations as evidence for your claims.
Your response should be written in the form of a four-paragraph essay. Your introductory paragraph should include a strong historical argument, which you will support in two body para with evidence and summarize in your con