Subject: Business / General Business
Preliminary Strategy Audit
The end result of this course is developing a strategy audit. In this module, you will outline and draft a preliminary framework for your final product. This provides you with the opportunity to get feedback before a final submission.
By now, you have completed the following steps:
• Identified the organization for your report (McDonald’s)
• Interviewed at least one key mid-level or senior-level manager
• Created a market position analysis
• Conducted an external environmental scan in preparation of your final report and presentation
In this assignment, you will generate a preliminary strategy audit in preparation for your final course project.
Prepare a report that includes the following:
• In preparation for your course project, prepare the preliminary strategy audit using the tools and framework you have focused on so far including the following:
? Analysis of the company value proposition, market position, and competitive advantage
? External environmental scan/five forces analysis
• Identify the most important (5–7) strategic issues facing the organization or business unit.
? You may modify the strategic issues in your final report based on the additional analysis you will conduct in the next module as well as the feedback you receive on this paper from your instructor.
? Keep in mind that it is important to look at the strategic issue(s) from more than just one perspective in the business unit or company—speak to or research the issue from more than one angle to offer a 360-degree approach that does not cause more problems or issues.
? Strategic issues arise from a mismatch between internal capabilities and external trends such that important opportunities are not being pursued or significant external threats are not being addressed under the current strategy.
• Include a preliminary set of recommended tactics for improving your company’s strategic alignment and operating performance.
? You may modify these recommendations in your final report based on the additional analysis you will conduct in the next module as well as the feedback you receive on this paper from your instructor.
? Keep in mind that recommendations can include, but are not limited to, tactics in marketing, branding, alliances, mergers and acquisitions, integration, product development, diversification or divestiture, and globalization. If you recommend your company to go global, you must include a supply chain analysis and an analysis of your firm’s global capabilities.
Write your report as though you are a consultant to your company (McDonald’s) and are addressing the executive officers of this company.
Write a 8–10-page report in Word format. Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and in an organized manner; accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Use the following format for your report:
• Cover page
• Executive summary/abstract
• Table of contents
• Introduction to company (each subsection should be an assessment)
? Value proposition
? Market position
? Competitive advantage
• External environmental scan/five forces analysis
? Current environment
? Assessment of external factors applying five forces
• Strategic issues (label each issue and provide a header and the reason for why it is an issue)
• Summary/key findings and recommendations
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.