1. What does bactericidal mean? Bacteriostatic? Virucidal? Fungistatic?
2. Why are control cultures necessary in evaluating disinfectants?
3. What factors can influence the activity of a disinfectant?
4. Why do microorganisms differ in their response to disinfectants?
5. What microorganisms are most susceptible to disinfectants?
6. What is meant by antimicrobial resistance? Susceptibility?
7. Why are pure cultures used for antimicrobial susceptibility testing?
8. Would it be acceptable to use a mixed culture for this test? Why?
9. List three factors that can influence the accuracy of the test.
10. When performing a broth dilution test, why is it necessary to include a growth control tube?
A sterility control tube?
Please see the attachments for the rest of the questions.