1) Interview a health care leader about a new technology he or she selected, planned for, and implemented.
2) Write a paper with a thesis from your perspective, on how that process occurred, what happened, what the leader would do again, and what mistakes he or she may have made.
3) Refer to the assigned readings to incorporate specific examples and details into your paper.
a. Access – “Access” by Edwards, from Hospital & Health Networks (August 2010)
b. The Evidence-Based Road – “The Evidence-Based Road” by Birk, from Healthcare Executive (2010).
4) Prepare this assignment per the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
a. In-text citation
b. Cite 4 Sources
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric. SEEE BELOW:
New Technology Interview
30.0 % Integrates information from outside resources into the body of paper.
Supports main points with references, examples, and full explanations of how they apply. Thoughtfully analyzes, evaluates and describes major points of the criteria.
20.0 %Organization and Effectiveness
7.0 % Assignment Development and Purpose
Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
8.0 % Argument Logic and Construction Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner.
All sources are authoritative.
5.0 % Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
5.0 % Paper Format (Use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)
All format elements are correct.
5.0 % Research Citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment and style)
In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.