Assignment 1: Marketing Presentation
You are to create a professional marketing presentation that includes the details of the marketing mix items below and the background information developed in your international marketing report you created in Module 3. The final presentation will address global marketing issues relevant to the selected company, its product, home country, and the U.S. market, and will evaluate alternative methods of addressing these issues.
Entry from Home Country into U.S.
Topics in your marketing presentation will reflect the course topics, assignments, readings, and research and should include:
1. Title slide
2. Executive summary (approximately 1 page)
3. Background information: Include company and productinformation, your role as a consultant, direction of this industry, competitive structure/concerns, research focus, and how you are building off the first marketing report you developed.
4. Global marketing mix (Product positioning and competitive environment): Identify the product, customer solutions through product/brand decisions, the country of origin, influences, and strategic alternatives.
5. Global marketing mix(Pricing decisions, strategies and constraints): Include the price identified, customer costs, and pricing decisions; pricing strategies in the selected foreign markets; and constraints on pricing in the selected global markets.
6. Any global issues/constraints: Includelegal, political, sociocultural, technological (trends), economic, and any other constraints.
7. Promotion strategies and global marketing communication decisions: Include advertising, personal selling, public relations, and other promotional strategies.
8. Market-entry strategy (including marketing channels/global marketing mix): Includecustomer convenience, channel decisions/choices, global retailing decisions and physical distribution selection, and other market-entry strategies.
9. Physical distribution strategy (into U.S.): Include retailing and wholesaling information and other physical distribution strategies.
10. Suggestions for leading, organizing, and controlling of the global marketing efforts (into U.S.)
11. A compiled, final summary conclusion, including your final recommendations to your client.
12. A PowerPoint presentation (approximately 12 slides): Use the notes section of PowerPoint to document detailed information to convince the board of directors that your international marketing plan is the best course of action.
In order for this assignment to be compatible with TurnItIn, you will need to save your PowerPoint presentation as an Adobe PDF file. To do this, open your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint. Choose “Save As” from the File menu, then choose “Adobe PDF”. Before saving your file, click on the Options button and check the box next to “Convert Speaker Notes.” Now choose to save your file. Your speaker notes will be included in your PDF file that you will submit for this assignment. Submit this file along with your presentation.
Note: If your version of Microsoft PowerPoint does not have the option to include speaker notes, you will need to submit a Microsoft Word document that contains all information from your presentation, including the speaker notes.
Use the following questions to check your work for completeness:
o What are the principal elements of the project?
o What elements, if any, are missing from the project?
o Are the conclusions or recommendations of the project supported by the information and theories presented? Explain why or why not.
o Is my presentation professional and does it address the concerns of the board of directors?