Evaluation of Epidemiological Problem Guidelines & Grading Rubric Purpose
The purpose of this assignment is to Provide learners with the opportunity to integrate knowledge and skills learned throughout this course Directly apply principles and knowledge learned in the course to problem solving of population health problems in their own geographic areas. Course Outcomes This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Define key terms in epidemiology, community health, and population-based research.
2. Compare study designs used for obtaining population health information from surveillance, observation, community, and control trial based research.
3. Identify appropriate outcome measures and study designs applicable to epidemiological subfields such as infectious disease, chronic disease, environmental exposures, reproductive health, and genetics.
4. Apply commonly used measures of health risk.
5. Examine current ethical/legal issues in epidemiology.
6. Identify important sources of epidemiological data.
7. Evaluate a public health problem in terms of magnitude, person, time, and place.
Due Date Submit to Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 6