Assignment 2: Current Events and U.S. Diplomacy This paper will be a revised and expanded version of the first research paper. Based on your instructor’s feedback, you will first revise the first paper.
Write three-to-four (3-4) new pages that address the following:
1. Define presidential doctrine and summarize the regional or global events during the Cold War leading up to the formation of the presidential doctrine you wrote about in Assignment 1.
2. Select one country you wrote about in Assignment 1 and describe the Cold War relationship that existed between the country you selected and the U.S. before the presidential doctrine was announced.
3. Describe the relationship that currently exists between the U.S. and the country you selected in section (2) above.
4. Describe the effect that the presidential doctrine has had on regional or global affairs since it was announced during the Cold War.
5. Assess whether or not the presidential doctrine you wrote about in Assignment 1 doctrine had had the intended effect of altering the behavior of the country you selected in section (2) above since the doctrine was first announced.
6. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.