Subject: General Questions / College life
Week 4 discussion questions
1A.From the e-Activity, discuss how the National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security Policy (NSTISSP) national policies facilitate the confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and non-repudiation of computing security.
1B. Analyze the elements of vulnerability and threat (physical, procedural, policy, etc.) that exist in an IS or telecommunications system. Suggest corresponding protection measures.
2A.The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is used by credit card companies to ensure the safety of the customer data. Assume that you are a merchant. Determine the advantages and disadvantages of adopting the PCI DSS standard.
2B.Suggest methods that organizations could implement to prevent the A1-Injection(Structured Query Language (SQL) Injection) and A2-Cross Site Scripting (XSS)in software applications.
Assignment 2: 4G Wireless Networks3GPP Specification Detail. (n.d.). General format.
The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) developed the 3GPP Long-Term Evolution (LTE) standard for wireless communications technology. It is regarded as an evolution of the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM), the Universal Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS), and other standards. It is also known as the 4G LTE. The competition among the carriers to support 4G LTE networks has been very fierce as evidenced by TV commercials targeting smartphone users. Many smartphones run on 3G networks.
Write a four page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast 3G wireless networks to 4G networks in terms of:
1. Services and application
2. Network architecture
3. Data throughput
4. User perceptions
2. Distinguish between the 4G LTE, 4G WiMax, and 4G WiBro networks based on:
1. Upload and download speeds
2. User perceptions
3. Backward compatibility
4. Service availability
3. Identify why the competition between the 4G LTE carriers has been so fierce and describe the benefits of this competition to the subscribers.
4. In January 2012, Verizon stated that 4G LTE is available in 190 cities covering 200 million American subscribers. According to AT&T’s Website, they had plans for covering 20 million Americans in 15 markets by end of 2011. Conclude why Verizon is able to cover more markets than AT&T.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may use the resources above or others of your choosing.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Week 5 Discussion Questions
1A. Assess the challenges e-Business and e-Commerce technologies present to the field of Information Technology. Describe what technologies you believe provide the biggest challenge and provide a strategy to overcome that technological challenge. Support your response.
1B.Imagine you are an entrepreneur starting a new business venture. Take a position on whether or not you would make the investments necessary to make your business ane-Business. Support your response.
2A.Decide what you believe is the biggest ethical issue raised in the security of information technologies. Defend your decision using supporting information.
2B.From the e-Activity, the report listed 2008 priorities that were accomplished. Given that this is 2012, suggest at least two additional priorities that you would add. Justify your additions.