In this assignment, you will be writing a paper describing the differing approaches of nursing leaders and managers to issues in practice. To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Select an issue from the following list: bullying, unit closures and restructuring, floating, nurse turnover, nurse staffing ratios, use of contract employees (i.e., registry and travel nurses), or magnet designation. -Selected issue is: Nurse staff ratios-
- Describe the selected issue. Discuss how it impacts the quality of care and patient safety in the setting in which it occurs.
- Discuss how professional standards of practice should be demonstrated in this situation to help rectify the issue or maintain professional conduct.
- Explain the differing roles of nursing leaders and nursing managers in this instance and discuss the different approaches they take to address the selected issue and promote patient safety and quality care. Support your rationale by using the theories (ex. Situational, Transformational, Great Man theory) principles, skills, and roles of the leader versus manager described in your readings.
- Discuss what additional aspects managers and leaders would need to initiate in order to ensure professionalism throughout diverse healthcare settings while addressing the selected issue.
- Describe a leadership style that would best address the chosen issue (ex. authocratic, laissez-faire, transformational) Explain why this style could be successful in this setting.
-Use at least three peer-reviewed journal articles.
-Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
-MUST include a introducatory paragragaph that contains the thesis statement and purpose of the paper.
-Closing paragraph to summarize the main points and concepts of the paper.